1.0 SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF DOCUMENT
The purpose of this policy is to set out the rights of individuals, set out below, regarding personal information.
2.0 RELATED DOCUMENTS
Data Protection Policy
Document Disposal Policy
Please be advised that in accordance with GDPR you are accorded the following rights:
b. The right of access;
c. The right to rectification;
d. The right to erasure;
e. The right to restrict processing;
f. The right to data portability;
g. The right to object; and,
h. The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
- Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data. This is a key transparency requirement under the GDPR.
- Southern Lightning Engineers Limited provide individuals with information including:
- purposes for processing their personal data,
- retention periods for that personal data, and
- who it will be shared with.
- Southern Lightning Engineers Limited provide privacy information to individuals at the time of collecting personal data from them.
- If personal data is obtained from other sources, Southern Lightning Engineers Ltd provide individuals with privacy information within a reasonable period of obtaining the data and no later than one month.
- There are a few circumstances when Southern Lightning Engineers Limited do not provide people with privacy information, such as if an individual already has the information or if it would involve a disproportionate effort to provide it to them.
- The information provided to people is concise, transparent, intelligible, easily accessible, and it uses clear and plain language.
- Southern Lightning Engineers Limited provide privacy information to people using a combination of different techniques including layering, dashboards, and just-in-time notices.
- Southern Lightning Engineers Limited regularly review, and where necessary, update privacy information. Southern Lightning Engineers Limited bring any new uses of an individual’s personal data to their attention before processing.
4.0 HOW WE PROVIDE INFORMATION
Southern Lightning Engineers Limited provide the information in a way that is:
- easily accessible; and
- uses clear and plain language.
5.0 CHANGES TO THE INFORMATION
Southern Lightning Engineers Limited regularly review and, where necessary, update our privacy information.
If we plan to use personal data for a new purpose, we update our privacy information and communicate the changes to individuals before starting any new processing.
6.0 BEST PRACTICE – DRAFTING THE INFORMATION
Southern Lightning Engineers Limited undertake an information audit to find out what personal data is held and how it is used.
Southern Lightning Engineers Limited put ourselves in the position of the people we’re collecting information about.